I’ll go ahead and say it…. The NRA just got their asses handed to them. They were unprepared, overconfident, and had no viable planned response. They ended up with a broken nose as a result.
Here are the key takeaways as outlined by The Gun Feed:
Head ‘Mom’: We were ready and waiting for this shooting
– Game plan rolled out “within hours of the shooting”
– “spent the last several years putting into place”
– “caught the NRA flat-footed”
– $3.3 million dollars funding student march
– “Like the movement for marriage equality”
– “you have to change corporate policies”
– Every shooting exploited for “more momentum”
– 1.7 million new supporters, 140,000 new volunteers, 150 new local chapters
– “will be in place, ready to spring into action, at the next right moment”
And, unfortunately, every shooting creates more momentum. Within 24 hours of Parkland, Everytown had received $750,000 in unsolicited donations. Within that week, Giffords had received an additional $1.2 million from 43,000 donors. In the month since, Moms Demand Action has attracted 1.7 million new supporters, brought in 140,000 new volunteers and witnessed the creation of 150 new local chapters around the country. All of it just more machinery that will be in place, ready to spring into action, at the next right moment.