If you have not read the full Sandy Hook Report report that has been released yet, you can do that here.
Couple things I have to say are this…
1. It didn’t matter in the least what gun that psycho used, he shot all those kids while they were trapped in their two classrooms. (fish in a barrel) Actually, having a long gun in a close quarters situation like that technically made it more difficult.
And sadly, nothing has changed. Our schools are still soft targets and the only thing keeping this from happening again is pure dumb luck.
3. We must ban ‘Dance Dance Revolution’. Yep, you are gonna hear a bunch of stuff about violent video games, and while he did indeed play those DDR was by far his favorite and it is what he spent the most time doing. We need to get our heads out of our asses.
4. Back to the guns… like I have said before, you could have taken every gun on planet earth and thrown it into the ocean and this still would have happened. A gun ban wont fix the problem because it doesn’t effectively address the problem. Gun, knife, baseball bat, farm implement… it doesn’t matter. When you have an armed adult going up against 1st graders confined in a classroom, the body count is always going to be staggering. This once again goes back to securing the schools and actually doing the things necessary to keep murders from ever gaining access to our children in the first place.
5. The report also said that he was obsessed with Columbine and other incidents like these. What does that mean? The ratings driven media is 100% responsible for this incident and every incident like it since Columbine. This crap has got to stop. I know it is a major news story, and it should be reported. BUT no one should know that lunatics name, and all the ratings driven exploitation that we see for weeks and weeks after the fact has to end. Someone needs to sue these people into extinction for all the lives they have cost this country since Columbine.
6. “Motive still unknown” – thats what everyone is obsessing about with this report. Well, stop the presses because I’ve got a headline for ya… He was evil. And guess what… all the writing was on the wall. Once again, here is a case where this lunatic was in every way, shape, and form the poster child of all the promises that our BIG .GOV gives us about being able to protect us from evil, but nope. So now we are gonna get more of the cry of Bureaucracy failed. We need MORE bureaucracy!